Thursday, February 15, 2007

Letter to CigarBid

In response to being banned from CigarBid, I wrote them a letter explaining my position on the events taht took place. Here's a sampling of the letter that I sent to them. I am hoping I will help open their eyes, realzing taht their 21 year old and older policy is wrong and they should change it. I have yet to hear back from their customer service.

"I have been smoking cigars for about a year now and I truly enjoy every aspectof our great hobby. I am currently a member of the CigarWeekly.com forum aswell as a member of the CigarPass.com forum. With this being said, I mustinform you that I am 19 years old.As I understand it, your website has a 21 year old and older policy. I waswondering what the reasoning for this is. If I am not mistaken, the law statesthat you must be 18 years or older to purchase tobacco and tobacco relatedproducts, and in some states you must be 19. I also know that some of yourbiggest competitors have their age restriction set at 18 years old."

I guess we'll see what happens here, but right now...I will be taking my business else where. So much for customer service!

-AJ

1 comment:

CJOHNSEN3 said...

Well stated. It'll be interesting to see if you ever get a response.